Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My review – PenDrive SD Memory Card

Specifications:

Read speed: 6 MB/sec

Write speed: 1.5 MB/sec

Dimensions: 32 mm x 24 mm x 2.1 mm (L x W x D)

Weight approximately: 2g

Operating Voltage: 2.7 - 3.6V

Write-protect Switch: YES

Terminal Guards: YES

Number of Pins: 9 pins

Other details:

- Fast transfer rate for reliable copy/download/backup

- Low battery consumption to maximize battery life in small portable devices

- Write protect switch on the exterior card casing

- Security level complies with both current and future Secure Digital Music Initiative (SDMI) portable device requirements

My COMPLAINS:

I bought this card in early year 2006. It cost me RM 139 just for 1GB SD memory card in TecAsia, Kota Kinabalu. Imagine how costly it was last time to get myself a 1GB memory card for my O2 Xda II mini?

After few years, the edges of that card started to crack. I have a vision that such plastic that covers the memory module in it will somehow easily broken in few years. Until middle of the year 2007, after I bought 2GB SD memory card in Thailand,

the secure lock switch “tercabut”. It was such a “shit-ful” whenever I want to transfer files into that card.

Then, end of October 2008, I accidentally dropped it and it turned out to be like this

What caught my attention was the chip. Something that written onto the black part, the circled part.

Can you believe it? TOSHIBA? Japan

PenDrive itself has already embarrased TOSHIBA through the crack that I mentioned above. Another view of the module

My recommendation is PLEASE BUY KINGSTON brand as your choice of memory products.

2 comments:

lojhunhaw said...

yo~ wat's wong with Toshiba? the SD card brand is not toshiba 1 ma.. but they use toshiba's chips only ma.. many other brand also use toshiba's chips 1.. Toshiba is good 1.. hahaha... kingston also not bad la..

Adrian Foo (符显杨) said...

But the plastic to cover the chip broken liao. Such a lousy plastic.