Saturday, July 25, 2009

My 1st Time having Luk Luk

It all began when I walked across the street from Sungei Wang to Low Yat Plaza last year…

Dad: Here ah very famous Luk Luk around (a dish with assorted types of meats or vegetables on skewers to be dunked into boiling pot of water and to be eaten with few sauces).

Me: Oh.

I couldn’t even bother to have a try such one of a kind food which I don’t think available in Sabah. Till the day when Hong Leong told me…

Hong Leong: Last night around 1 a.m. I cycled out to eat Luk Luk leh. It cost me RM 7.00 ++.

Me: Why never call me out? I never try such thing in my entire life.

So today as early as 12.00 a.m., both of us cycled out to have Luk Luk.


I didn’t get to snap much photos because too “paiseh”. Normally this lorry came here for business for so long. Just that I didn’t even bother to give a try. I loved this lorry so much. Everything was built with stainless steel and more convenient for the foods to be well-kept. It opens around 6.30 p.m. till late night around 1.00 a.m. I supposed.

I loved the sauces. I felt like drinking it all. Overall it cost me RM 11.20 for Luk Luk as my supper. Different “skewers” colours indicates the price. I had seven. First time ever in Kampar, Perak.

9 comments:

Chin Seng aka Seh said...

Rm11.20 a ..ok d lo
last time i at penang eat lok lok
with my fren
2 ppl eat RM 50++
and yet each stick cost from
20 cents to 70 cents only...

find one day, dun eat dinner, straight away eat lok lok as dinner..
muahaha...dunno this "Yi Nan Wang" will cost me how much ...
^^

Adrian Foo (符显杨) said...

My goodness, 20 to 70 cents only? Dirt cheap compared to Kampar.

Chin Seng aka Seh said...

is like that la... kampar food 1 year b4 is bout to same price with penang.. but this year onwards ...
the price getting higher d ...

Adrian Foo (符显杨) said...

Sigh... What to do? Because they have high expectation upon student studying in Kampar. No longer eligible for "student price" nor "student rebate"

Jo said...

passerby here,
not bad, at least its really an $unforgettable memory$. haha

Ken said...

It's ur very 1st time?

KK used to have luk-luk, my dad's friend runs that business. Often in Beverly Hills and Luyang.

Now, rarely see the luk-luk car in KK already.

Adrian Foo (符显杨) said...

[Jo]
I get what you mean. ($_$).

[Ken Hong]

Yes, first time. Sounds so "Sam Pah Lau" right? Hahaha...

Agnes said...

LOL~ KK also got bah but now I dunno where can find sudah.. Rindu makan specially the SAUCES!!!!

Adrian Foo (符显杨) said...

That's why can't find it in KK as if macam tiada pernah exist.