Saturday, September 26, 2009

Celcom DOOMED?

Oh great! I don’t know how to express my feelings here after completed my UCEC 2034 – Electronic Devices II exams. It was too !@#$%^&* Crying with the tears of joy? Express them to my Patricks? Blast music to the loudest with my Speakoes and Woofy?

Few days ago, I thought my Omnia encountered a problem. That was: NO NETWORK COVERAGE! That was when my Celcom SIM card was inside my Omnia.

I tried to remove Celcom SIM card and swapped it with my Nokia 9300i which was currently using my DiGi SIM card.


No network signal as well but WiFi available.

I suspected that my Celcom SIM card got problem. Thanked GOD my Omnia nothing wrong. Until the next day, I discovered that…

From my friend:

Me: Your Celcom got signal kah?

Kah Keong: Celcom having problem in whole Malaysia.

From The Star newspaper:

PETALING JAYA: Celcom’s disrupted phone lines nationwide were gradually restored some 10 hours after the interruptions occurred.

“The failure was mainly due to heavy call volume which had increased by five folds during Aidilfitri,” said Celcom chief executive officer Datuk Seri Shazalli Ramly.

Other services such as SMS, email, GPRS, mobile broadband, roaming, IDD, and calls to other networks and fixed lines were unaffected.

As a result, some of its major network nodes experienced sudden overloading, causing a loss of signal between the nodes located at Kepong and Perda, Seberang Perai.

A call to the mobile service provider’s careline yesterday morning revealed their phone lines had been down since morning.

A pre-recorded voice message informed subscribers that they would experience some “disruption in taking and making calls in some parts of peninsular Malaysia”.

“We apologise for any inconvenience caused,” said the message.

A customer care consultant said there was a “network problem” affecting the whole country, including Sabah and Sarawak.

From LowYat.net:

Click here.

So do I deserve any concession from them? Free calls to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

6 comments:

IMCurtain said...

I think most Celcom users having problem at the moment. I have no idea but my friend also not getting any signal.

p/s: Let's join our Blogging Community

Malaysia Boleh!

Adrian Foo (符显杨) said...

LoL...

kenwooi said...

time for hotlink! =D

kenwooi.com

Adrian Foo (符显杨) said...

Yeah! Gonig to subscribe Hotlink Youth Club soon.

jenna said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://cellularaccessoriess.com

Adrian Foo (符显杨) said...

Thanks jenna!!!