Monday, November 2, 2009

ICT Fiesta 2009 PC Fair and Exhibition

Date: 30 October 2009 – 1 November 2009

Time: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.

Venue: Sabah Trade Centre, Kota Kinabalu


If only someone remove the bloody Honda CR-V, flag poles and lamp post.

Thanks to Jhun Haw for introducing me a part time job during the fair. And this time, I don’t have the opportunity to browse and survey for computer accessories prices. Pity me; have to stand the whole day and whole night long.

I worked under a computer shop named PC City from Centre Point. And I was being ordered to take care one of the most branded professional gaming accessories, Steel Series.




A very branded yet costly items indeed.

Customer A carrying a Louis Vuitton (LV) handbag came to see Steel Series mouse pads. Her “toi” doesn’t attract me much. Just that the brand, LV gave me an impression that she can afford to go for such expensive item.

Customer A: What are these?

Me: Mouse pads for professional gaming.

Customers: Har? RM *** for such a mouse pad only? *Nono head*

Me: Of course. *Yes Yes head*

Customer A went off like that. This showed that her LV bag is fake one. Why on earth she can afford for LV handbag but why not a branded mouse pads for her son?


At the same time, I need to take care of other “zapalang” computer accessories (especially notebook cooler pads) and serve customers.

Customer B: Yang ini boleh masuk Celcom SIM kad untuk broadband?

She grabbed a MicroSD card reader to me which cost RM 4.00.

Me: Yang ini untuk read and write files of the memory kad saja. Bukan untuk yang Celcom USB Broadband tu.

Customer B: Yakah? Oh, habis dia orang cakap mesti USB 2.0 baru boleh untuk broadband.

It was written “USB 2.0” on the pack of the card reader she grabbed.

Me: Yang ini bukan. Kalau you mau itu broadband USB punya, mostly harga dia RM 200 – 299 begitu. Mana ada semurah macam ini RM 4.00 saja.

“Macam-macam orang pun ada” during the PC fair. I even encountered such people like…

Customer C: Har..you know how to speak Mandarin de arh? (In Mandarin)

Can you imagine how “fish-ed” am I that time? !@#$%^&* I can speak English, Malay, Mandarin, Hakka and even soon-to-be Cantonese & Hokkien fluently.

It was a tiring work. I have to stand (only get to sit for few minutes). Below were few more Steel Series products being displayed by PC City as well (if I’m not mistaken)…






The most expensive Steel Series product ever displayed, RM 389. But no one buy any of them. Only had a look on them.

4 comments:

kenwooi said...

so many nice gadgets =D

kenwooi.com

Adrian Foo (符显杨) said...

Yup. But too bad I can't afford to have them. Only had a glance on them. Hehehe...

Long YC said...

Lol! I would also like to buy a broadband modem with RM 4!

Adrian Foo (符显杨) said...

Yalor, I also want to know where to get that USB broadband modem with such a bloody low price.

Not sure which tribe is she from. Hahaha...